Hello everyone! This is Dr. El-Maasri from deme dental. Below is some information on why someone should consider Invisalign and the benefits associated with this great system.
Invisalign is an excellent option for patients who want clear braces and allow for slow gradual movement of their teeth. They are made up of clear aligners (similar to a bleaching tray that is made up of a less flexible material) that you will switch out biweekly.
Here are some benefits of Invisalign:
- Clear Braces– If detectable at all, people will have a hard time noticing that you have your aligners on.
- Removal When Eating–Food does not get stuck in your braces because you will take out your retainers upon eating.
- Less Time Consuming–Invisalign is perfect for busy adults. You will have the new set of retainers at home, so there is no need to come into the office for adjustments, tightening or band changes.
- Easier To Keep Teeth Clean–Anyone who has had traditional braces knows the difficulty in flossing under wired and between brackets. With Invisalign, you remove your aligner to brush and floss normally between teeth.
- Removing the Aligner on Special Occasions- If a patient has a wedding, conference or special occasion to attend, he/she can choose to remove the aligner for the day without interfering with the end result. (Traditional braces cannot be removed temporarily by the patient.)
- Fast Adjustment Period- Patients have a much easier time adjusting to Invisalign than traditional braces. No worries with wires cutting your cheeks or brackets cutting your lips.
- Insurance Compliance- Insurance companies will cover Invisalign if you have orthodontic coverage.
Patients Should Consider Invisalign if:
- You are unhappy with any crooked teeth in your smile. Veneers or bonding can be avoided in some cases to improve one’s esthetics.
- Gum tissue is unhealthy due to difficulty in cleaning malpositioned teeth.
- You had orthodontics but notice that the teeth have moved. Invisalign can return teeth to their proper alignment.
- Occlusion (bite) needs to be improved. Overbites cross-bites and deep bites can be improved and eliminated.
For more information please visit our website and click on the Invisalign tab at www.demedental.com or call our office at 215-561-deme(3363) to make an appointment for a complimentary consultation, so I can evaluate your specific case and answer your questions.